- Mathematics for Elementary Teachers With Activities NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value; this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. For Books a la Carte editions that include MyLab(TM) or Mastering(TM), several versions may exist for each title -- including customized versions for individual schools -- and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a Course ID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use MyLab or Mastering products.
For courses in Math for Future Elementary Teachers. Empowering Tomorrow's Math Teachers Mathematics for Future Elementary Teachers , 5 th Edition connects the foundations of teaching elementary math and the "why" behind procedures, formulas and reasoning so students gain a deeper understanding to bring into their own classrooms. Through her text, Beckmann teaches mathematical principles while addressing the realities of being a teacher. With in-class collaboration and activities, she challenges students to be actively engaged. An inquiry-based approach to this course allows future teachers to learn through exploration and group work, leading to a deeper understanding of mathematics. Known for her contributions in math education, Sybilla Beckmann writes the leading text for the inquiry approach-in Mathematics for Elementary Teachers with Activities, students engage, explore, discuss, and ultimately reach a true understanding of mathematics. Beckmann's text covers the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM) now implemented in most states. However, states not following Common Core will not find the information intrusive in the text. Also available with MyLab Math. MyLab(TM) Math is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. The Skills Review MyLab Math provides review and skill development that complements the text, helping students brush-up on skills needed to be successful in class. The MyLab Math course doesn't mirror the problems from the text, but instead covers basic skills needed prior to class, eliminating the need to spend valuable class time re-teaching basics that students should already know. This enables students to have a richer experience in the classroom while working through the book activities and problems. In addition to basic skills review, the MyLab Math course includes a wealth of resources to help students visualize the concepts and understand how they come into play in an elementary classroom. These includes IMAP videos, Responding to Students Videos, eManipulatives, and brand new Common Core videos, Demonstration videos, and GeoGebra animations. NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab(TM) Math does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Math, search for:
0134429370 / 9780134429373 Mathematics for Elementary Teachers with Activities, Books a la Carte Edition plus MyLab Math -- Access Code Card Package Package consists of:
- 0134423313 / 9780134423319 Mathematics for Elementary Teachers with Activities, Books a la Carte Edition
- 0321262522 / 9780321262523 . MyLab Math -- Valuepack Access Card
- R for Everyone: Advanced Analytics and Graphics
Statistical Computation for Programmers, Scientists, Quants, Excel Users, and Other Professionals
Using the open source R language, you can build powerful statistical models to answer many of your most challenging questions. R has traditionally been difficult for non-statisticians to learn, and most R books assume far too much knowledge to be of help. R for Everyone, Second Edition, is the solution.
Drawing on his unsurpassed experience teaching new users, professional data scientist Jared P. Lander has written the perfect tutorial for anyone new to statistical programming and modeling. Organized to make learning easy and intuitive, this guide focuses on the 20 percent of R functionality you’ll need to accomplish 80 percent of modern data tasks.
Lander’s self-contained chapters start with the absolute basics, offering extensive hands-on practice and sample code. You’ll download and install R; navigate and use the R environment; master basic program control, data import, manipulation, and visualization; and walk through several essential tests. Then, building on this foundation, you’ll construct several complete models, both linear and nonlinear, and use some data mining techniques. After all this you’ll make your code reproducible with LaTeX, RMarkdown, and Shiny.
By the time you’re done, you won’t just know how to write R programs, you’ll be ready to tackle the statistical problems you care about most.
- Explore R, RStudio, and R packages
- Use R for math: variable types, vectors, calling functions, and more
- Exploit data structures, including data.frames, matrices, and lists
- Read many different types of data
- Create attractive, intuitive statistical graphics
- Write user-defined functions
- Control program flow with if, ifelse, and complex checks
- Improve program efficiency with group manipulations
- Combine and reshape multiple datasets
- Manipulate strings using R’s facilities and regular expressions
- Create normal, binomial, and Poisson probability distributions
- Build linear, generalized linear, and nonlinear models
- Program basic statistics: mean, standard deviation, and t-tests
- Train machine learning models
- Assess the quality of models and variable selection
- Prevent overfitting and perform variable selection, using the Elastic Net and Bayesian methods
- Analyze univariate and multivariate time series data
- Group data via K-means and hierarchical clustering
- Prepare reports, slideshows, and web pages with knitr
- Display interactive data with RMarkdown and htmlwidgets
- Implement dashboards with Shiny
- Build reusable R packages with devtools and Rcpp
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.
- Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach
For all introductory genetics courses Engage students with real-world applications of genetics Informed by more than 50 years' experience and experimentation in teaching genetics, authors Mark Sanders and John Bowman share their excitement about genetics and the dynamism at work in the field with Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach . The authors use an integrated approach to help contextualize three core challenges of learning genetics: solving problems, understanding the connection between traditional genetics models and more modern approaches, and understanding evolution. With the 3rd Edition, the authors provide students with additional problem solving guidance and a new emphasis on real-world applications of genetics. They also strive to make learning the details of genetics easier and offer ways to facilitate group work and discussion of genetics problems and concepts. The revision incorporates key updates that keep pace with changes in the field, such as advances in CRISPR-Cas, more discussion of epigenetics and expanded coverage of genomic approaches. Also available with Mastering Genetics Mastering(TM) is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Mastering Genetics does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with Mastering Genetics, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
0134807790 / 9780134807799 Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach Plus MasteringGenetics with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of:
- 0134605179 / 9780134605173 Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach
- 0134787064 / 9780134787060 MasteringGenetics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach
- Horngren's Financial & Managerial Accounting, The Financial Chapters
For courses in Financial and Managerial Accounting.
Expanding on proven success with Horngren's financial and managerial accounting
Horngren’s Financial and Managerial Accounting, The Financial Chapters present the core content and principles of accounting in a fresh format designed to help today’s learners succeed. As teachers first, the author team knows the importance of delivering a reader experience free of obstacles. Their pedagogy and content uses leading methods in teaching readers critical foundational topics and concentrates on improving individual results. With this in mind, the 6th Edition continues to focus on readability and comprehension and takes this a step further in the managerial chapters by employing a new theme to help readers see how managerial accounting is used as a tool to help all business people make decisions. By providing more meaningful learning tools, this title helps readers clear hurdles, like never before.
Also available with MyLab AccountingMyLab™ Accounting is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Accounting does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Accounting, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Accounting, search for:
0134674588 / 9780134674582 Horngren's Financial & Managerial Accounting, The Financial Chapters Plus MyLab Accounting with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 6/e
Package consists of:
- 0134461657 / 9780134461656 MyLab Accounting with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Horngren's Financial & Managerial Accounting, The Financial Chapters
- 0134486846 / 9780134486840 Horngren's Financial & Managerial Accounting, The Financial Chapters
- SuperVision and Instructional Leadership: A Developmental Approach
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134290089.
The new edition of SuperVision and Instructional Leadership continues the innovative approach that has made it so widely popular, and includes a number of new content changes that bring the subject matter thoroughly up to date. Long recognized as a leading text in the field, this book calls for a collegial approach to instructional supervision; considers the knowledge necessary for successful supervision; discusses interpersonal skills, including different approaches to supervision and how they are used in developmental supervision; presents the technical skills of supervision, such as observing, assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating; describes the technical tasks of supervision; and deals with the cultural tasks of supervision. A variety of learning aids ensure understanding of the theories and concepts. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and chapter quizzes.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.