- Criminal Behavior: A Psychological Approach
A comprehensive psychological approach to criminal and antisocial behavior.
Building on a tradition of excellence, Criminal Behavior: A Psychological Approachis accurate, well-researched, contemporary, and comprehensive. It offers a detailed look at crime, what may lead to it, and how criminal behavior may be prevented — all from a psychological perspective. With a focus on serious crimes, particularly those involving violence, this text offers an all-inclusive look at a very complex field through effective and engaging material that has been classroom-tested for more than thirty years.
Now in the Eleventh Edition, you’ll find crucial updates relating to crime definitions and DSM-5 categories, as well as the most current statistics and recently proposed models and theories. Numerous topics — such as intimate partner violence, juvenile sex offending, terrorist recruitment, elderly abuse, and sexual burglary — now receive more extensive coverage than ever before.
- Skills for Success with Microsoft Word 2016 Comprehensive
Designed for a new generation of learners
Skills for Successteaches students the way they prefer to learn software–instead of reading big blocks of text, they'd rather see and do. Using the hallmark visual layout, students complete an entire skill in just two pages. Step-by-step instructions are aligned with full size screens image to guide students as they progress through each new skill. No matter what device they are using–desktop or tablet–or their current skill level, students will learn what they need to get started quickly.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMathLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyMathLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
- Microservices: Flexible Software Architecture
The Most Complete, Practical, and Actionable Guide to Microservices
Going beyond mere theory and marketing hype, Eberhard Wolff presents all the knowledge you need to capture the full benefits of this emerging paradigm. He illuminates microservice concepts, architectures, and scenarios from a technology-neutral standpoint, and demonstrates how to implement them with today’s leading technologies such as Docker, Java, Spring Boot, the Netflix stack, and Spring Cloud.
The author fully explains the benefits and tradeoffs associated with microservices, and guides you through the entire project lifecycle: development, testing, deployment, operations, and more. You’ll find best practices for architecting microservice-based systems, individual microservices, and nanoservices, each illuminated with pragmatic examples. The author supplements opinions based on his experience with concise essays from other experts, enriching your understanding and illuminating areas where experts disagree. Readers are challenged to
experiment on their own the concepts explained in the book to gain hands-on experience.
- Discover what microservices are, and how they differ from other forms of
- Modernize legacy applications and efficiently build new systems
- Drive more value from continuous delivery with microservices
- Learn how microservices differ from SOA
- Optimize the microservices project lifecycle
- Plan, visualize, manage, and evolve architecture
- Integrate and communicate among microservices
- Apply advanced architectural techniques, including CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Maximize resilience and stability
- Operate and monitor microservices in production
- Build a full implementation with Docker, Java, Spring Boot, the Netflix stack, and Spring Cloud
- Explore nanoservices with Amazon Lambda, OSGi, Java EE, Vert.x, Erlang, and Seneca
- Understand microservices’ impact on teams, technical leaders, product owners, and stakeholders
Managers will discover better ways to support microservices, and learn how adopting the method affects the entire organization. Developers will master the technical skills and concepts they need to be effective. Architects will gain a deep understanding of key issues in creating or migrating toward microservices, and exactly what it will take to transform their plans into reality.
- Emergency Care
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Emergency Medical Technician Training and Emergency Medical Services
This package includes MyBRADYLab(TM)
Learn to think like an EMT with the gold standard for EMT training
For over 30 years, Emergency Care has provided generations of EMT students with the practical information they need to succeed in the classroom and in the field. Updated with the latest research and developments in emergency medical services, this edition meets the 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC. Using the National EMS Education Standards as a foundation, Emergency Care goes beyond the Standards to provide the most current, accurate reflection of EMS practice today. The text integrates scientific principles in an easy-to-understand way, with a host of critical-thinking features that help readers learn to think like EMTs.????????????????????????????????????????
Personalize learning with MyBRADYLab
MyBRADYLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0134190750/9780134190754 Emergency Care plus MyBRADYLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Emergency Care
Package consists of:
- 0133946096 / 9780133946093 MyBRADYLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Emergency Care
- 0134024559 / 9780134024554 Emergency Care
- Economics of Public Issues
For principles of economics, public policy, and social issues courses.
Brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and classroom discussions
The Economics of Public Issues is a collection of brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and discussion in principles of economics and social issues. The 20th Edition encourages readers to apply theoretical discussions to today’s important issues to gain a deeper understanding of current microeconomic policy concerns.
Spark independent thinking and classroom discussion
- Readings are concise, allowing for easy integration into any principles of economics or issues-based classroom.
- A correlation guide in the preface illustrates how to integrate topics into different courses.
- Conversational and informative non-technical writing is geared toward principles-level students and does not require advanced math.
- Using the latest debates in social policy, the authors encourage readers to question their own assumptions and the analysis offered by the media and politicians on key issues.
- End-of-chapter questions offer students the opportunity to test their knowledge and review chapter concepts.