- Technical Drawing with Engineering Graphics
This full-color text offers a clear, complete introduction and detailed reference for creating 3D models and 2D documentation drawings. Building on its reputation as a trusted reference, this edition expands on the role that 3D CAD databases now play in design and documentation. Superbly integrated illustrations, text, step-by-step instructions, and navigation make it easier than ever to master key skills and knowledge. Throughout, the authors demonstrate 3D and 2D drawing skills and CAD usage in real-world work practice in today’s leading disciplines. They combine strong technical detail, real-world examples, and current standards, materials, industries, and processes–all in a format that is efficient, colorful, and visual.
- Splash Spread: Appealing chapter opener provides context and motivation.
- References and Web Links: Useful weblinks and standards provided upfront in each chapter.
- Understanding Section: Foundational introductions, tabbed for easy navigation, outline each topic’s importance, use, visualization tips, and theory.
- Detail Section: Detailed, well-tested explanations of drawing techniques, variations, and examples–organized into quick-read sections, numbered for easy reference.
- CAD at Work Section: Breakout pages offer tips on generating drawings from 2D or 3D models.
- Portfolio Section: Examples of finished drawings show how techniques are applied in the real world.
- Key Words: Italicized on first reference, summarized after each chapter.
- Chapter: Summaries and Review Questions: Efficiently reinforce learning.
- Exercises: Outstanding problem sets with updated exercises, including parts, assembly drawings from CAD models, sketching problems, and orthographic projections.
- Pearson Reviews & Rationales: Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-RN
The Ultimate NCLEX-RN® Exam Preparation Guide!
New and updated, the Third Edition of the best-selling Pearson Reviews & Rationales: Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-RN® offers a comprehensive outline review of the essential content areas tested on the NCLEX-RN® exam, including critical areas such as management, delegation, leadership, decision-making, pharmacology, and emergency care. These topics are incorporated throughout, with ample practice questions that simulate actual difficulty levels on the NCLEX-RN® exam. Organized by the Categories of Client Needs, each unit represents one of the Categories of Client Needs and contains chapters that integrate concepts from across the nursing curriculum, providing a uniquely synthesized approach to preparing for the real exam.
The Third Edition provides students with access to Pearson Test Prep–a new web-based application that enables students to practice for the NCLEX anytime and anywhere using their smartphone, tablet, or computer. Pearson Test Prep includes all 1,600 questions from the book, plus an additional 4,000 questions, and features all NCLEX-style question formats. Students can customize their practice experience to focus on specific topics, question types, and areas of difficulty, or simulate a realistic NCLEX-RN® exam. Detailed reporting features help students identify and focus on improving the areas where they need the most attention so they arrive prepared and confident on test day.
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
Each new book includes an access code valid for one redemption to Pearson Test Prep. If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Pearson Test Prep may not be included or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
- Precalculus: Books a La Carte Edition
NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value-this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. For courses in precalculus. Steadfast Support for your Evolving Course The College Algebra series, by Lial, Hornsby, Schneider, and Daniels, combines the experience of master teachers to help students develop both the conceptual understanding and the analytical skills necessary for success in mathematics. With this latest edition, the authors respond to the challenges of new student expectations and new classroom models. The Lial team is now offering a new suite of resources to support today's instructors and students. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMathLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyMathLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
- Microservices: Flexible Software Architecture
The Most Complete, Practical, and Actionable Guide to Microservices
Going beyond mere theory and marketing hype, Eberhard Wolff presents all the knowledge you need to capture the full benefits of this emerging paradigm. He illuminates microservice concepts, architectures, and scenarios from a technology-neutral standpoint, and demonstrates how to implement them with today’s leading technologies such as Docker, Java, Spring Boot, the Netflix stack, and Spring Cloud.
The author fully explains the benefits and tradeoffs associated with microservices, and guides you through the entire project lifecycle: development, testing, deployment, operations, and more. You’ll find best practices for architecting microservice-based systems, individual microservices, and nanoservices, each illuminated with pragmatic examples. The author supplements opinions based on his experience with concise essays from other experts, enriching your understanding and illuminating areas where experts disagree. Readers are challenged to
experiment on their own the concepts explained in the book to gain hands-on experience.
- Discover what microservices are, and how they differ from other forms of
- Modernize legacy applications and efficiently build new systems
- Drive more value from continuous delivery with microservices
- Learn how microservices differ from SOA
- Optimize the microservices project lifecycle
- Plan, visualize, manage, and evolve architecture
- Integrate and communicate among microservices
- Apply advanced architectural techniques, including CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Maximize resilience and stability
- Operate and monitor microservices in production
- Build a full implementation with Docker, Java, Spring Boot, the Netflix stack, and Spring Cloud
- Explore nanoservices with Amazon Lambda, OSGi, Java EE, Vert.x, Erlang, and Seneca
- Understand microservices’ impact on teams, technical leaders, product owners, and stakeholders
Managers will discover better ways to support microservices, and learn how adopting the method affects the entire organization. Developers will master the technical skills and concepts they need to be effective. Architects will gain a deep understanding of key issues in creating or migrating toward microservices, and exactly what it will take to transform their plans into reality.
- Anatomy & Physiology
NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value-this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
For two-semester courses in anatomy & physiology. Providing a streamlined, clear pathway through A&P Anatomy & Physiology, Sixth Edition answers the demand for a leaner version of Elaine Marieb and Katja Hoehn's best-selling Human Anatomy & Physiology while maintaining its trusted, accurate approach. This streamlined text excludes coverage of pregnancy & human development, heredity, and the developmental aspects of body systems, while providing coverage of key A&P concepts. With the newly revised Sixth Edition, Marieb and Hoehn introduce a clear pathway through A&P that helps students and instructors focus on key concepts and make meaningful connections. The new modular organization makes key concepts more readily apparent and understandable to students, and new "Why This Matters" videos help students see why the content is important not only for their course, but also for their future careers. An expanded suite of learning tools in the book and in MasteringA&P guide students through important concepts.
Also available with MasteringA&P (TM). MasteringA&P is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to engage students and improve results. Instructors ensure that students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics(TM). Students can further master concepts after class through assignments that provide hints and answer-specific feedback. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.